Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meal Planning

I'm a huge stockpiler. At my house, we could easily not go to the grocery store for a month & be fine. We would need milk and fresh fruits. But overall my grocery budget could shrink to $20 per week and we probably wouldn't notice. That being said, I find myself going to the store on the way home from work to pick something up for dinner that night because I didn't plan ahead & now everything is frozen. Or because I acted on a craving for a certain vegetable or main course. I've decided to try meal planning. I made out this weeks dinners based on what I had in the freezer/pantry and what I bought fresh over the weekend.

Here's my mealplan. Hopefully I can stick to this & really save some more money.


Notice that on days I have any seafood/fish that there is also another meat - this is because I love seafood but nobody else is a huge fan. I try to keep everyone happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment